lyndajdickson

Books Direct

Books for the whole family

Lingering Echoes (Lingering Echoes 1)

Lingering Echoes (Lingering Echoes 1) - Erica Kiefer Allie is spending the summer at Hidden Pines with her dad, his new wife Clara, and her stepbrother Nick, along with her new friend Brooke and Nick's college buddy Aaron. Her family hopes to help Allie overcome her feelings of guilt over an incident that happened the previous summer. But how far will they go? Who can Allie trust? And why is she so afraid of the water?

When Allie is rescued from a fall by the mysterious Damien, she discovers that they have more in common that she originally thought. Damien tries to help Allie overcome her fears, but he is also haunted by his past. Can people change? Will Damien ever be able to escape his past, or will his past come back to haunt him?

The story moves along at a steady pace and has a nice mix of mystery, romance, and suspense. I especially like the chapter that tells Damien's story about his past. While there are some minor editing errors, including word misuse, there are also some lovely descriptive passages.

I look forward to reading more by this talented new writer.

I received this book in return for an honest review.