lyndajdickson

Books Direct

Books for the whole family

Reality Natalie

Reality Natalie - Katie Sparks Eleven-year-old Natalie Greyson is obsessed with the children's talk show Kidz Konnection. When they launch a competition for a guest host, Natalie thinks all of her dreams have come true. Now all she has to do is win! But what happens when she finds out that her talented best friend will be competing against her? Will Natalie succeed and, if so, at what cost?

The author has a fresh, natural voice. I like the way the book is written, interspersed with hand-written notes and Natalie's entries on her "In A Nat Shell" blog. From a moralistic (parent's) viewpoint, I am a bit concerned about the way Natalie lies to her parents and about the bad feelings between supposed-best friends, Natalie and Kailyn. But I guess real life is like that. At least Natalie learns a few lessons and grows as a person as a result of her experiences. And, from an entertainment aspect, I'm sure the kids will love the shenanigans the cast of great characters gets up to. Robbie is especially entertaining.

A funny, fast-paced story especially suited to tween girls. The ending leaves it open to a sequel.

I received this book in return for an honest review.

Full blog post: http://booksdirectonline.blogspot.com/2015/03/reality-natalie-by-katie-sparks.html