lyndajdickson

Books Direct

Books for the whole family

Dead in a Dumpster: Leah Norwood Mystery #1

Dead in a Dumpster: Leah Norwood Mystery #1 - B. L. Blair Leah Norwood is the owner of "Scents and Sensibility", a small fragrance store in downtown Reed Hill, Texas. When she finds a dead body in the Dumpster outside her shop, she quickly becomes the main suspect. Leah has always fancied herself to be a bit of a detective, so she sets out to track down the real killer and clear her name. She puts herself in harm's way in her pursuit of the killer and gets a bit too close to the investigation - and the dashing Chief Griggs. Then another dead body shows up. Are the murders related to drug trafficking, an illicit affair, or something else? Can the killer possibly be one of the members of their own small community?

This story gets off to a great start. Leah Norwood is a likable heroine, feisty and full of humor. We are introduced to a long list of characters, but every good mystery needs a lot of suspects. There are a number of editing errors and the dialogue is a bit stilted. Nevertheless, this is a well-crafted story, and the plot is not predictable, even though I did guess the identity of the killer early on.

An enjoyable, fast-paced read. I look forward to Leah Norwood's further adventures.

I received this book in return for an honest review.

Full blog post: http://booksdirectonline.blogspot.com.au/2015/01/dead-in-a-dumpster-by-b-l-blair.html