lyndajdickson

Books Direct

Books for the whole family

Time Management Manifesto: Expert Strategies to Create an Effective Work/Life Balance - Thomas B. Dowd III Time Management Manifesto is comprised of 30 chapters, each giving an actionable piece of advice. The author provides real-life examples from his own experience to illustrate his points. The author's main advice is to keep a detailed daily schedule. Other helpful hints include: double the time you think it will take to do something, under-promise and over-deliver, stop multi-tasking, file things immediately, learn to ask for help before it's too late, and make sure you have some "do not disturb" time.

My only note to the author is that it would be helpful to highlight these actionable points in bold in each chapter and provide a list of them at the end of the book. However, the contents list at the end of the book is hyperlinked to each chapter, providing a quick way to review particular aspects.

All of the tasks in the book are simple and easy to implement. I started straight away. I work from home, so I found it helpful to set up a detailed daily schedule, including both family and work commitments. The most helpful hint for me was to "touch each email only once". I also plan to incorporate some self-improvement time into my schedule shortly.

Thank you, Tom.

I received this book in return for an honest review.