lyndajdickson

Books Direct

Books for the whole family

The Making of Nebraska Brown

The Making of Nebraska Brown - Louise Caiola The last thing Ann Leigh remembers is climbing the water tower to get away from Shane Kirkland, the man she is reluctantly supposed to marry. Somehow she wakes up in Campania, Italy, able to understand and speak Italian. She finds out that her name is Ana Lisa Carcossi (as evidenced by her passport) and that she lives with her boyfriend Tommy, who is also her boss. She has dreams of her past as Ann Leigh. But are they dreams or memories? With the help of Tommy and her friend Renata, Ana sets out on a quest to find out who she really is and how she came to be who she is now. What happened that was so terrible that she made herself forget? Will she be able to find her way back to herself? When Ana recovers her memories, will she wish she never had? And what part does Tommy play in all of this?

There are a few minor editing errors (e.g. course instead of coarse, stationary instead of stationery), lack of capitalization (e.g. states instead of States), and misuse of apostrophes (e.g. Kirkland's instead of Kirklands). However, these mistakes are more than compensated for by the author's wonderful turns of phrase. She has a beautiful way with words, and I highlighted more passages than I can recount here. I loved everything about this book; I loved Ana's voice, her sarcastic humor, her confused feelings over Shane. I could relate to the love/hate emotions he elicited in her. I found the story so compelling, I didn't want to put the book down.

I love it when my "job" brings me in touch with books like this which I might not otherwise have picked up to read. Do yourself a favor and read this one. It's a true gem of a book.

I received this book in return for an honest review.