lyndajdickson

Books Direct

Books for the whole family

The Devil Inside the Beltway: The Shocking Expose of the US Government's Surveillance and Overreach Into Cybersecurity, Medicine and Small Business

The Devil Inside the Beltway - Michael J. Daugherty In "The Devil Inside the Beltway", Michael J. Daugherty tells his remarkable story of the powers of the government over the "little people". This is an example of government bureaucracy at its finest. After being unfairly treated by the Federal Trade Commission, Michael undertakes a David and Goliath fight for the future of his company, LabMD; all the while with lawyers out to bill him for all they can get.

This is a well-written, compelling, true life account that reads like a thriller. The dialogue is at times stilted, the narrative is a bit repetitive, and it's a bit long at over 500 pages including endnotes, bibliography, and supporting documents throughout. However, it always remains a page-turner. Michael presents a compelling argument against the abuse of power by a government department. My only concern is that the story is one-sided, and I'm not sure of the ethical implications of writing a book about ongoing legal proceedings. It will be interesting to see how the other parties involved react to this publication.

Unfortunately, this book finishes before the story ends - because the end has not yet happened. I hope it all works out in Michael's favor, and I look forward to reading the next installment in his ongoing saga.

To quote the author's favorite dictionary, the Merriam-Webster, the "Beltway" is the "political and social world of Washington D.C.". The "Devil inside the Beltway" refers to the Federal Trade Commission, a government body that has become a law unto itself, with no checks and balances to keep it under control.

I received this book for the purpose of providing an honest review.