lyndajdickson

Books Direct

Books for the whole family

Death of the Mad Hatter

Death of the Mad Hatter - Sarah J. Pepper The Queen of Hearts beheads her husband, King Edward, after finding out he has been having an affair with the Seamstress. Because of the Jack's prophesy, the Queen is now on the lookout for a boy with a girl's name (Ryley) or a girl with a boy's name (Alice, also known as Al) who will bring about the end of her reign. Alternately told from Ryley's and Alice's points-of-view in the present and through Alice's past visits to Wonderland, we slowly piece the story together. It's a puzzle worth solving.

Even though it's inspired by Lewis Carroll's "Alice in Wonderland", this is a highly original story, full of dark humor, nonsense, quirky characters, and riddles. It is a fine tribute to Carroll's "Alice in Wonderland". The main character is even named after Lewis Carroll's inspiration for his Alice, Alice Mae Liddell. There are a few minor editing errors but, overall, the author's writing style makes this book a pleasure to read. I loved the dynamic between Ryley (a normal high school student) and the eccentric Alice, and I especially liked the description of Ryley's and Alice's first kiss. This is definitely an author to watch.

I received this book for the purpose of providing an honest review.