lyndajdickson

Books Direct

Books for the whole family

Books, Blogs, & Reality

Books, Blogs, & Reality - Ryan Ringbloom Four women who have never met bond online over books, blogging, and men. Brooke begins a forbidden relationship with her new boss, Rachael wants to experiment with bondage like in the books she's been reading, Lizzie rekindles a relationship with an old boyfriend, and Jess thinks she can change the bad boy like they do in the books she loves to read. These four women start off just talking about books, but quickly turn to other topics, especially men. As these conversations become more intimate, the girls reveal more to each other than they do to anyone in their "real" lives.

Books, Blogs, & Reality is told in a mixture of online chats, narrative, and book reviews, and ends with a blog post by each woman on the lessons learned. Basically, they all discover that real life is not like it is in a novel. This is a compulsively readable book. It is very insightful and contains some wonderful lines. This is a book for the modern times, for the modern woman who spends a lot of time online. I'm sure my fellow book bloggers will see themselves in at least one of these women.

A light, humorous, and emotionally satisfying read.

I received this book in return for an honest review.

Full blog post: http://booksdirectonline.blogspot.com/2015/04/books-blogs-and-reality-by-ryan-ringbloom.html