lyndajdickson

Books Direct

Books for the whole family

Rematch

Rematch - Janine Caldwell A mysterious boy who goes on "missions" and is camera-shy, tries to save a ten-year-old girl from being shot while playing a tennis match. Who is he and how did he know what was going to happen?

Cassie is about to start her senior year of high school. Her footballer boyfriend Jeff wants to move their relationship to the next level, but Cassie isn't ready. Her dad wants her to take up tennis again, but Cassie is plagued by insecurities and a lack of self-confidence. When a new boy comes to town and joins the school band, Cassie can't shake the feeling that she's seen him somewhere before. Who is he and why does he seem so familiar?

The story is told alternately in the first person from Cassie's and Trent's points-of-view, however there is no confusion as to who is speaking, as they both have different voices. I especially liked the way the author depicted the growing relationship between Cassie and Trent. The author has a great natural conversational writing style, but there are a number of minor editing errors. And just when I was starting to wish for more of the story from Trent's points-of-view, especially when he goes on his missions, my wish was granted. Can't wait to read the next one.

I received this book in return for an honest review.