lyndajdickson

Books Direct

Books for the whole family

Mother's Love Can Conquer Any Fear!

Mother's Love Can Conquer Any Fear! - Subhash Kommuru, Sujata Kommuru Kaalia the crow terrorizes the chicken inhabitants of Anand Nagar. The chickens call on the wise Shastriji to try to solve the problem. But even the brave rooster, Raja, can't deal with this bully. In fact, nothing works until Kaalia goes too far and forces new mother Ganga to take matters into her own hands (or is that "wings" or "feet"?). Will this bully finally learn his lesson?

This is a story about bullying and overcoming fear. The moral is, as the title states, that "mother's love can conquer any fear"; a mother will go to any lengths to protect her young. I loved the colorful crayon drawings by Sujata Kommuru, made to look like children's drawings. Even the text appears to be hand-written in crayon. There are a few problems with punctuation and (possibly?) incorrect word usage, and the vocabulary and Hindi names might be a bit difficult for young ones. Overall, however, this is a humorous and uplifting tale which your children are sure to enjoy.

I received this book in return for an honest review.

Read my full blog post: http://booksdirectonline.blogspot.com/2014/11/mothers-love-can-conquer-any-fear.html